Sunday, August 13, 2006

I've traumatized my child! - We've reclaimed our bed!

After an hour of rocking and nursing I left Dax alone in his crib to go to sleep. He wailed for 43 minutes while I simply ignored his sad pathetic cry. Okay, I was balling too. But mine was a quiet muttled wimper as my sweet baby screamed for me. So at 1043 last night Dax fell asleep in his own bed 'til 430 am.
Night 2 of Dax in the crib. Tonight I didn't count the minutes it took him to stop crying, but it was less than an hour. Okay - Dax is sleeping, but mommy isn't. I'm really excited to have Dax in his own bed, but it's sad too. He stirred a couple times during the night and I didn't get him - 8 hours in the crib tonight. Woohoo!
Night 3 - Dax cried for 6 minutes then gave up. He made it 6 hours in his crib. Shorter than the previous night. We're moving in the wrong direction!
Night 4 - just under 10 minutes of crying and 9 hours in the crib. Dax seems to have had a good nights rest. We has been up and wired since 630! I guess my sleeping in 'til 9 days are over:(
Night 5 - I failed! I put Dax in bed, but I could bear(sp?) the crying alone and Matt wasn't here. So I went in and picked him up. The good news is that when I put him in his crib, he did NOT wake up - an absolute miracle!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Congratulations! Now you can get busy with #2:)

Chrys and Mike said...

Good for you!

Chrys

Sundee said...

I am sure that was a tough decision, but I'm sooo proud of you! They say it takes between 3-5 days...so keep hanging in there!

Anonymous said...

It gets better. Just remember we could have had a very crowded bed if all of you had not learned to be in your own beds.
Love,
Mom