WE'll we made it to Houston and have begun the long unpacking, organizing, settling process. Dax did great during the whole thing. Two days of moving was really alot for him (and us), but our family and friends here made it so much easier for us.
Dax had his first tumble down the stairs today after practicing a few days I think he got a bit too confident. He just fell and started into a forward roll. I caught him and other than being a bit scared he recovered and wanted to return to running up and down the stairs as quickly as possible.
Dax isn't a fan of the gate. When we are upstairs and I lock us in, he stands at the gate and screams "out!" It's going to take some time to get used to I think.
We have no hot water. Hoping that will be resolved quickly - cold showers are no fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow, I can't believe you've already moved and are getting settled in your new place! I'm sad I didn't get to say goodbye to you.
For what it's worth, we have never had a gate on our stairs and they are a non-issue. Maybe we're probably terrible parents, but we decided not to make the stairs the "forbidden fruit" and therefore Oliver doesn't think of anything of them. He uses them to get upstairs or downstairs and that's it--they've never been a problem. I forget what a magnet stairs are to kids until we have other kids over who want to play on them!
HOWEVER, it's sounds like your stairs are really steep. Ours have a landing in the middle so a fall wouldn't be nearly as scary on them. Maybe that's why it's called a "landing"...never thought about it before! :)
Plus, the stairs ARE new to Dax so you can't really pretend they're not. So ignore everything I just said. :)
Hope you get settled quickly and that you are feeling well.
Chrys
my sister in law teaches her kids when they are little to go down the stairs feet first, on their "tummies". (so pretty much backwards) my youngest niece is 18 months and has been doing this for at least 4 months or so and doesn't have any problems. just a thought! -klb
Post a Comment