How does a major corporation get a ton of hits from their favorite demographics in less than 24 hours?
Offer a favorite carseat at a too good to be true price... get all the mom blogs, forums, emails buzzing about it... then rescind the offer to all those orders placed!
Target.com , you've lost my business!!
I called to ask for an explanation (I don't know why - its not like the call center people would change anything). I'd believe the honest mistake angle had they said it was supposed to be 142.99 and they would honor that price. I'd believe "honest mistake" if it was 79.99 or 27.99 or any data entry error. I can't come up with one and either could the anyone I've spoken with at Target.com.
UPDATE: I received this email yesterday.
"As an apology
for your experience, we'd like to provide you a $25 e-GiftCard to use
on Target.com. Please use the following unique e-GiftCard number when
placing your next order: xxxxx
By redeeming this e-GiftCard, you acknowledge full satisfaction and
release of any claims against Target relating to this pricing error"
Something is fishy here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
do you really think they did it on purpose? maybe you're right, but i just can't see that happening. am i naive?? they're getting a lot of heat over it, i can't imagine that's a good thing. i think it was a mistake and someone probably lost their job over it.
it's interesting to see the comments of folks on message boards and stuff, they are incensed b/c they feel cheated by target. people are even talking about law suits. i think that's ridiculous.
i guess target could choose to honor the sale price but they would end up taking a huge hit. 85% off the regular price? of an item that sells well at full price?
i wanted it to be true but it simply wasn't. if it had shown up on my doorstep i would've been thrilled. it was worth a shot.
chrys
I actually agree with you, I think it was intentional.
What angers me is that some people actually did get the car seat at the price. They were delivered this week. It is very wrong to honor some and not others. :(
Post a Comment