My sweet sweet Dax always makes me laugh. I love listening to how his little mind works. When I tire of wiping behinds, cleaning the post-meal disaster area, checking for flushed toilets, etc; Dax starts to share his thoughts and I thank God I get to be the mommy.
"Daddy, why did you turn that off? I was watching that."
(Dax, that would be called a commercial:) We have limited most of Dax's viewing to dvds for many reasons including complete content control & no commercials, but that day we turned on the tv and Dax didn't quite understand.)
"Mommy, how do you know that we are the real humans?"..."but maybe we are the aliens"..."How come we wear clothes and aliens walk around naked?"
"I had fun. I liked playing with Emily tonight. Yeah, thats my best part. What's your best part mommy?"
"Hell is a bad word." (Mommy: sometimes, it depends on the context in which you use it...there is a hell and we can talk about it...) "Okay. So 'what the hell' is a bad word." (Mommy: um, yeah.)
"There are three Gods Mommy." (oh man, I am so not capable of explaining the trinity to my 4 year old, but I sure tried and assured him we are not polytheists)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment