
Over the last few days I've spotted blood. (This indicates a 50% chance of miscarriage.) Fear has consumed me. I was brought to my knees in prayer like I've not been in a long time. Forced to question God's will in my life. Forced to depend completely on God. I have no control in the life of this child. All I could do was pray - as if that is a small thing. God answered my prayers today. The ultrasound looks perfect, the blood tests came back great. My baby waved his/her arms at me. I cried out loud for several minutes when I heard the heartbeat. And I hugged the sonogram lady for the good news- sure she thought I was weird. When I walked out of the exam all I could think was that life is good again. I realize God has a plan for this child whether for a short time in my womb or a long life to come. I am reminded these children are not mine. They are His and He has entrusted them to me only for a time. I am thankful to God for the many many blessings in my life that I take for granted every day. I have a wonderful husband, a healthy child, and a supportive loving family. Yet I ask for another gift from Him. I pray that God will bless us with this child in my womb. Please pray for the health of this child.


6 comments:
Oh, sweet Erin! Bless your heart. I am so thankful the baby looks great. I'll continue praying for you.
Your perspective is right on. Thank you for your honesty and vulnerability.
Chrys
(teary) Yes, yes, yes. Beautiful, heartfelt post. Will be praying for you and your little waver...so sweet.
WOW! What a blessing and a sweet rememberence about His presence and protection. you are amazing..mean it!
lov les
Erin, thanks for the honest reminder for all of us. I am glad everything is fine. I know that was frightening.
Definitely looks like a girl :)
I don't check your blog for a while, and look what happens!!
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I will definitely be praying for the little life inside of you:)
Post a Comment